133 State St
Gifted and compassionate coach with a talent for generous listening. Certified as a Gallup Strengths-based coach; skilled at helping clients understand their natural strengths and talents, reframe their personal narratives, and attain desired goals. Career defined by membership in the family of helping professions. Academic background in Mythology and a 20+ year career as a primary care Physician Assistant lends exceptional richness to one-on-one problem solving with clients.
2011: Ph.D. Mythological Studies with an emphasis on Depth Psychology. Dissertation: Illuminating the Twilight: A Depth Psychological Exploration of the Nature of Poiesis in the Time of Dying. Pacifica Graduate Institute, Carpinteria, CA.
1984: Physician Assistant Certification. Bayley-Seton Hospital Physician Assistant Training Program. Staten Island, NY.
1979: Bachelor of Arts. Biology. Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO
2015: Advanced Certified Personal and Executive Coach, College of Executive Coaching
2013-present: Gallup Certified Strengths-based Coach
2013-present: Founding Member: Contemporary Explorations in Mythology, LLC.
- Personal and Professional Coaching for individuals in times of transition.
- Independent Scholarship
2005-present: Transition Coaching
- Working with teens transitioning from high school to college
- Working with adults who are motivated to work to clarify and attain their desired goals, both personal and professional.
2005-present: Independent Scholar:
- Created and taught courses in: Danté, Egyptian Mythology, Arabian Folklore, Greek Mythology, Fairy Tale Interpretation, Arthurian Legend, Buddhist Iconography, Dreams in the Old Testament and many more. (For a complete listing of offerings, please return to the homepage of my website and explore under the Offerings tab.)
1984-2005: Physician Assistant:
- Provided primary health care and health care counseling for children and their families in Atlanta, GA and Southington, CT
SERVICE AND BOARD POSITIONS
- 2013-15: Board Member and Web designer, Connecticut Association of Jungian Psychology.
- 2012-15: Founder , The Caring Committee. New Haven Insight, New Haven, CT.
- 2012-13: Reader/Editor for D.I.R.E.C.T – the Ezine Reading Committee, Depth Psychology Alliance.
- 2013: Chair, Proposal Review Committee. New England/Maritimes Region of the American Academy of Religion.
- 2000-05: CT chapter coordinator for American Academy of Pediatric, Pediatric Research in Office Settings.
- 1998-2000: Secretary, Connecticut Association of Physician Assistants.
- 1995-2005: Adjunct Clinical Professor, Quinnipiac University Physician Assistant Program, Hamden, CT.
- 2000-01: Member, Connecticut Governor’s Task Force on Asthma Control.
- 2000-03: Chairwoman, Committee on Ministry, Unitarian Society of New Haven, Hamden, CT.
- 1998-2002: Lay Minister, Unitarian Society of New Haven, Hamden, CT.
- 2005-2010: Hospice Volunteer, CT.
- 1982-84: Member at Large, New York State Society of Physician Assistants.
- Rizzolo, C. Review of Paranormal: A New Testament Scholar Looks at the Afterlife, by Valerie A. Abrahamson. The Independent Scholar Vol. 2 (September 2016) ISSN 2381-2400
- Rizzolo, Carol and Marie-Eileen Onieal. Extreme Athlete, 18, With Worsening Cough. Clinician Reviews. 2016 August;26(8):22-23,26-27,51.
- Rizzolo, Carol and John Taylor. Courage to Witness: A Guest Blog. http://izumitherapy.com/Nanaimo-Counsellor-Blog. September 4, 2012.
- Rizzolo, Carol L. Longing and the Quest for Home: The Story of the Exodus in Everyday Life. Depth Psychology Alliance Buzz. April 2012.
- Rizzolo, Carol L. The Image of Crucifixion: An Exploration of the Relationship of Jewish Artists to the Passion of Christ. Archive for Research in Archetypal Symbolism Connections: Image and Archetype. 2011:2.
- Rizzolo, Carol L. Illuminating the Twilight. Diss. Pacifica Graduate Institute, 2011. An Arbor: Proquest, 2011. Print.
- Rizzolo, Carol L. Illuminating the Twilight. N.p.: Amazon Kindle, 2011. Electronic.
- Rizzolo, C.,Taylor, J. Cerciello, R. Anxiety and anxiety related disorders in the adolescent population: An overview of diagnosis and treatment. Adolescent Medicine: State of the Art Reviews. April 2009, 20 (1): 188-202
- Rizzolo, Carol L. and Robert L. Cerciello. Feature Article: Recognizing Autism Spectrum Disorder. The Clinical Advisor. July 2009, 45-51
- Rizzolo, CL. Most Memorable Patient. Clinician News. Jan/Feb 2003. 7(1):9.
- Cregg, E., Rizzolo, C. Recognizing the Many Faces of Postviral Encephalitis. Physician Assistant. April 2003. 27(4):37-9.
- Cassidy SB, Whitworth T, Sanders D, Lorber CA, Engel E. Five month extrauterine survival in a female triploid (69,XXX) child. Ann Genet. 1977:20(4):277-9.
- Cassidy SB, Niblack GD, Lorber CA, Mann JM, Engel E. HLA frequencies, diabetes mellitus and autoimmunity in Turner’s patients and their relatives. Ann Genet. 1978: 21(4):203-8.
- Engel E, Empson J, DeLozier D, et al. [Prenatal diagnosis. Review, personal and prospective studies]. Schweiz Med Wochenschr. 1979;109(27):998-1010.
- Engel E, Empson J, DeLozier D, et al. [Prenatal diagnosis. Review, personal studies and perspectives]. Schweiz Med Wochenschr. 1979:109(28):1054-60.
- Lorber CA, Cassidy SB, Engel E. Is there an embryo-fetal exogenous sex steroid exposure syndrome (EFESSES)? Fertil Steril. 1979:31(1):21-4.